Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by

Upcoming Meetings

No data was returned.

Getting Assignments

Generally speaking, the best way for an official to fill his/her schedule is to:

  1. Register in each sport officiated with the Michigan High School Athletic Association.
  2. Actively take part in an officials association, including scrimmages and in-season mechanics sessions. This allows the official to stay current on rules and mechanics, discuss play situations and learn how to handle situations with coaches and athletes.
  3. Communicate your desire to officiate a particular sport with the assignors who distribute these games/matches, or in some cases, the area athletic directors of individual schools.

There are several conferences within driving distance of our members. Some of them have independent assignors who assign all levels, from middle school through varsity. Others use one or more assignors for the varsity level, with the schools assigning the sub-varsity levels themselves.

Below is a list of area athletic conferences and member schools:

Southwest 10

Bangor, Bloomingdale, Hartford, Cassopolis, Centreville, Eau Claire, Decatur, White Pigeon, Menton, Marcellus.

SAC Valley

Delton Kellog, Constantine, Schoolcraft, Lawton, Galesburg-Augusta, Kalamazoo Hackett, Kalamazoo Christian.

SAC Lakeshore

Coloma, Fennville, Watervliet, Gobles, Saugatuck, Lawrence, Martin.


Berrien Springs, Brandywine, Bridgman, Buchanan, Comstock, Parchment.

BCS White

New Buffalo, River Valley, Countryside, Lake Michigan Catholic, Michigan Lutheran, Covert, Grace Christian, Howardsville Christian.


BC Central, BC Lakeview, Gull Lake, Kalamazoo Central, Loy Norrix, Mattawan, Niles, Portage Central, Portage Northern, St. Joseph, Stevensville Lakeshore.


Allegan, Dowagiac, Edwardsburg, Otsego, Paw Paw, Plainwell, South Haven, Sturgis, Three Rivers, Vicksburg.


Benton Harbor.


Dave Buck: -- 269-208-6205
Basketball -- V, JV, Frosh, MS for BCS Red, BCS White.

Terry Myers: --  269-921-0465
Baseball and Softball – V, JV for BCS schools ((except for Comstock, Parchment, Howardsville Christian).

Jim Corstange: -- 269-217-2374
Basketball – V for SMAC, Wolverine, SAC Lakeside, SAC Valley.

Mike Petlick: -- 269-930-9898
Volleyball – V, JV, MS for BCS schools St. Joseph, Lakeshore, Niles, Benton Harbor, South Haven.

Jerry Nitz: -- 269-487-8008
Basketball -- JV, F, MS for Lakeshore High School.

Bryan Wild: -- 239-777-7348
Football – V, JV for the BCS White and Red (except for Comstock, Parchment).

Chuck Rawsthorne: -- 269-808-6212
Softball -- V, JV for SMAC, Wolverine, SAC Valley Division, Parchment, Comstock, Howardsville Christian;
Baseball -- V for Heritage Christian, Kalamazoo Home School, Howardsville Christian;
Volleyball -- V, JV, F, MS for SAC Lakeside, SAC Valley, Mattawan, Portage Northern, Portage Central, Kalamazoo Central, Howardsville Christian, Comstock, Parchment, Heritage Christian, Wolverine (except Dowagiac, Edwardsburg, Vicksburg);
Basketball -- JV, F, MS for SAC Valley, SAC Lakeside, Wolverine (except for Vicksburg, Edwardsburg, Sturgis), JV/F for Kalamazoo Central, Mattawan, Loy Norrix, Niles, Portage Central, Portage Northern, Battle Creek Central, Comstock, Parchment; V/JV/MS for Heritage Christian; MS for Portage Northern, Portage Central, Portage West.
Baseball -- V for Heritage Christian, Kalamazoo Home School, Howardsville Christian.

Eric Frohreip: -- 517-899-4302
Basketball – V, JV, MS for SW10.
Volleyball – V, JV for SW 10.

Dennis Myers: -- 616-550-9912
Baseball and Softball – V/JV for SW10, Saugatuck, Fennville, Watervliet, Hartford, Gobles, Martin.

Duane Luedecking: -- 269-501-8630
Football -- V, JV, MS for SAC, SMAC, Wolverine, SW 10.
Baseball – V for Wolverine, SMAC, SAC Valley Division.


  • Talk to other fellow officials regarding which athletic directors do the assigning themselves for some of the sports and levels at their schools.
  • Wrestling of all levels is assigned by the athletic directors.
  • The SW10 matches will be assigned by John Bishop, Allegan.
  • For any sport or level or school that is not listed, contact the FBOA trainer of that sport for whatever information he might be able to offer you.